Odd spot on upper left side of lip question?

I don't know if I bit my lip or what, but on the upper left side of my mouth, by my canine tooth, I detected almost a scrapelike feeling two days ago, yesterday it turned brownish yellow, and today a yellowish white. It hurts a bit, but it was sort of big and has decreased in size.





Could this be cancer, or is it normal for a sore in the mouth to heal this way?

Odd spot on upper left side of lip question?
This sounds normal. If the sore persists for more than 2 weeks, call your dentist.
Reply:Most likely a normal reaction to a trauma that will heal fairly quickly. When we do an oral cancer exam we are looking for any very red, white or blue lesions to indicate an area to be furthur evaluated by an oral surgeon or by an in office biopsy.


Hope that helps!





JAMRDH -a dental hygienist



exchange rate

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

canine teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting