My seventeen month old has started pinching and scratching people's faces?

She mainly does it with my husband and me and close relatives. I'm running out of ideas. Usually I tell her no and put her down and walk away. Sometimes she puts her head down after she is reprimanded, but usually she laughs. I know she is still quite young, but I want to nip this in the bud before it gets worse. Fortunately at this moment she does not pinch or scratch children, only adults.


Some things that I know are going on at this moment: teething four eye(canine) teeth, Christmas just ended, my husband was home for almost 1 and half weeks and has since returned back to work. Do you think it's a phase? Any suggestions on what I should do?

My seventeen month old has started pinching and scratching people's faces?
Keep reprimanding her...consistency is the key. Tell her to "do nice". Also tell her "oww". She will realize that's what is said when you get hurt. Sometimes kids do that out of excitement. She will stop.



opera mobile

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

canine teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting