Lump on my gums?

Okay, I went to the dentist and was told that I have a 30% chance of having a successful root canal since the tooth is badly degraded. So I’ve decided to remove the tooth and get a bridge. However in my line of business I can't go around with a missing tooth and I need to know if there's some type of temporary solution. Kind of like a fake tooth so that I can continue working and heal. By the way this is the tooth behind my canine I believe its number 5.

Lump on my gums?
The previous answer discusses the final solutions available to fill a space. I believe you wanted the temporary options. One of my favorites for people that deal with the public is to take an impression of the area before the tooth comes out (if possible) and make a clear splint (like invisalign) over the teeth. I then add tooth colored resin in the missing space. This type is good for people that do lots of speaking. They are also fairly inexpensive. The others involve a retainer-like material that partially cover the roof of the mouth. These are good, but a bit more expensive and more of a learning curve when it comes to public speaking. (my favorite material is Valplast, which can be very thin)


Good luck!
Reply:you have 2 options...


both are good.


tooth number 5 is the upper right first premolar tooth. after this tooth is removed, you can replace the missing tooth in several ways.


1%26gt; with either a fixed bridge, ( 3 crowns attached together... one on the tooth before the space, one on the tooth behind the space, and on filling the space )





2%26gt; with an implant... the Dentist imlants a small screw in your gums after the tooth is removed.. this heals for several months... then a new fake tooth is attached... this has the advantave of not having to trim down the adjacient teeth for fabrication of a 3 unit bridge.





3%26gt; you can have a removable partial denture made... this is the cheapest method to replace the missing tooth... however, it must be taken out often to clean. you also will need to take it out when you sleep.





Whichever method you use, the dentist should be able to easily make you a temporary to fill in the area while it is healing.


hope this helps.


by the way... if it were me, i would try anything not to loose the tooth.. i would go ahead with the root canal and see how it works... if it doesnt work, you can still have the tooth pulled later.... if it does work, you will be able to keep your natural tooth awhile longer.



web design and hosting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

canine teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting