Can I use a dental flipper while i have invisalgn?

well guys im a 15 and i have kinda of a dilema.. so listen.. My doctor said I need invisalgn he said my teeth aren't that bad and in 6 motnhs they could be striaght.. but.. the thing is my top teeth the third one down i belive the canine is a baby tooth my last one i have.. and its going to be embarassing for me to have a missing baby tooth for a month or so.. so i researched about a dental flipper (temporary) its a tooth to hide the missing space..untill my permanent tooth grows in.. Do any of you guys know if i can use a temporary flipper for this embarassing problem while i am on invisalgn? hopefully I can.. let me know what you guys think.... thanks.. 1 love

Can I use a dental flipper while i have invisalgn?
A dental flipper is great for a temporary replacement and is used to give the tissue time for healing to take place, before the impression for a permanent solution, such as a bridge or removable partial is taken. But for use while using invisalign is not possible I'm afraid. For starters, the space is going to be kept open with the invisalign tray which covers all of your teeth. It doesn't come in two separate pieces for your upper, it works as a whole piece. So unless I am misunderstanding you, the answer to your question is no to the invisalign. Your friends are going to know about the braces even if they are invisible, so I am sure they will all be supportive and understanding. Maybe a little ribbing about a lopsided spitter, but hey you can handle it! Just keep thinking about the end results, and believe me, that hole will close up faster than you think! Before you know it, you'll be looking in the mirror one day and asking where it went? Good luck!
Reply:I know someone who had that problem and the baby tooth stayed permanently never being replaced by a permanent one. So don't give up on that tooth. You could always tell people you lost it as a hockey goalie.





If you think people are standing around counting your teeth to embarrass you if the count is tool low you ought to find a different worry - that isn't so terribly embarrassing.



C#

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

canine teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting